Here is what the wedding photography world is saying...KEEP IT FUN! Here are some wedding photography tips for your upcoming intimate wedding.
1. No longer as the posed photos of the past. Nowadays, a good photographer will deliver 70-80% candid shots and the rest posed where naturally or assisted.
2. Smoke bombs. How fun are these? You can buy in many colors to add another layer to your wedding photos.
3. First look - many couples want us to capture their "first look". Even with elopements, couples are choosing to arrive separately and keep it traditional...the groom does not see the bride until the ceremony and we are here to capture that first look.
4. Props - with the advent of crafting becoming so ever popular in the wedding industry, many couples are bringing their own wedding props, in form of signage, flowers, baby photos, mirrors, etc.
5. Maintain a good sense of humor - A good photographer will capture your good humor or a lack of. During the post-ceremony photos, most couples are tired and want to keep the photo session short. If you are tired, it will show in the photos. Get a good night's rest, keep drinking alcohol to a minimum and keep that sense of humor until the end of the session. Afterall, you will only be doing it once. Right?
6. Dramatic backgrounds - some couples are so much fun that they don't mind going out of their way to be photographed in out-of-the-way places. As a photographer, my mind is always searching for new locations and cubby holes mix it up a bit. Some couples will even stand in a creek upon mine suggestion. Some brides will even trash their dress since they will be wearing it once. I love photographing couples by pilings under a pier or a cool bluff with spectacular views. Think creative or at least follow your photographers lead for unusual backdrops and make it fun.
7. Social media is king! Forget the old fashion albums. I don't even know if they are still selling them boxy things. Use social media to share your photos. Use every social media avenue that you are familiar with for sharing your photos. The great news is that you can share as many photos as you want all at once to as many people you want. Love social media!
8. Creative suggestions - I love when couples bring their own creative suggestions. If you have a vision for your weddings photos, by all means, email them to your photographer. I have so much fun creating and executing your vision.
9. Wedding collage - I usually try to get a wedding collage to the couple within 24 hours. They are great to use as a wedding announcement and as a teaser of more to come.
10. Wear a veil if you can. Nothing says WOW like a wedding veil. It makesforgreat wedding photos, especially when draped over both of you.
So let's keep the photo session fun, relax and let's keep it real!
Love and knishes,
Alma Rose xo